[img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
i knew it could not be legal at all
ANY player who gets paid to play a football game loses their amateur status
so guest, if you dont want a huge can of worms opened, edit that post
Ive never heard that Jack gave them an "allowance", but he did give money to improve the program. But to the original point, you can have the best players in the world and a bad coaching strategy and still lose every game. If you don't even try new things and continue what your doing, then the same result happens 99% of the time. Thats basically what Ive seen when Coeburn plays, they do the same exact thing every year, no innovations, no new plays, no one cares if they win or lose. Thats why they need to clean house in the football program.
coeburn hasn't had a good athlete since the early 90s. urban meyer couldn't win there. its not coaching. its no athletes.
I was really impressed with the Coeburn team I saw on film in 91 that defeated Powell Valley. They played hard and with a lot of heart. I think they must have fielded some tough teams back then when the athletes were actually athletes and cared about playing and winning, even if they never really made any deep playoff runs that I know of. Today it's a totally different scenario. I would love to see a Coeburn team that plays with as much determination as those 90s teams did, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon with the way things have looked. I still can't believe how poorly Coeburn has played after moving to the Cumberland. The Coeburn teams "back then" would have absolutely devoured the Cumberland teams we have today.
The Cumberland teams of back then would have devoured the Cumberland teams of today.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Any SW VA team from the late 80s/early 90s would pwn any team from this area over the last 5-6 years.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks